Friday, June 25, 2010

Pirate Art

Since my boys have a "Pirate" bedroom, I wanted a treasure map for their room. Well, after looking everywhere & online, the only ones I could find were way too pricey for me! So, I decided to make my own!! :)

First, you need brown Kraft paper, (found in the mailing section @ Target/Wal-Mart - only a few dollars a roll!!) Tear off a large piece & then tear the edges. Take the whole piece & crumple it up - that's the fun part!! :) Smooth it out & add your design! I just drew a map, free-hand, with pencil, then painted it using craft paint.
After the map was dried, I used a brown ink pad to distress the edges & then lightly went over the entire map.

It's not as fancy as the ones I saw online, but I thought it turned out cute!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment