Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Clearance Art Re-Do

I found some REALLY cheap "art" at Hobby Lobby. I wasn't too fond of it, however I saw some potential! :)

I came home, started thinking, and this is what I came up with (sorry, but I forgot to take pictures of each step, but I'm sure you get the idea!!):

Sanded the dark brown piece - (not too bad actually), then took apart the blue/pink pieces - only to find that they were made of 3 separate pieces . . . score!!! :) I had some scrapbook paper that I've been wanting to use, so I covered the outside frame, then trimmed the center. I took the yellow crown off the original center piece & covered that piece with paper as well. The original center piece actually fit perfectly on top of the outside frame!! Basically, I turned my once "introverted" art into "extroverted" art! :) They're nothing super fancy, but I think they turned out cute!! (And the price was great - - about $2 each, being that I already had the paper!!)

1 comment:

  1. Cute!! I think I should go shopping with you and you can rub off on me, and i can get some of your creative ideas.

    ReplyDelete