Monday, October 18, 2010

Dance Bag

WOW!! I actually managed to fit in a project in our busy Fall Break week!!! :) - - Not saying it was a super elaborate one, but a project is a project!! ;)

Madelyn performed at the State Fair, so she wanted a cute dance bag. She had a pink bag that I had made a while back, but was starting to look a little blah! (Not to mention had a lovely blue ink stain!!) So, I got out my supplies & jazzed it up a bit!! Perfect for carrying her dance shoes!! :)

The before:

The after:


Simply pulled off the old ribbon & flower (not pictured), cut strips of fabric & hot glued them on:

Then, hot glued silver wired tinsel/ribbon along edges to cover up fabric edges:

Cut squares of fabric, (I believe I used 4?? Maybe 3 in.- sorry, didn't measure!) :( , then frayed the edges a bit, pinched the center together, making a "bow", then fold that in half:

Simply glue the folded "bow" down & repeat with the other squares until you make a circle!! (Sorry - once again, no picture!!) :(

Next, I took a small chipboard circle & covered it with ribbon - didn't have one (or a button) in the color & size I needed, so made my own embelishment:

Then, added a little white button & a diamond accent on top of the pink ribbon & tied a few strips of ribbon & tinsel to the handles!! Ta-da!! A new (or updated) dance bag!! Madelyn loved it, so I guess that's all that matters, right!!?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment