Sunday, September 5, 2010

Use What You've Got!!


Scary, isn't it!!?? Sadly, this is my ribbon! I've been wanting to organize it for some time, and finally attempted to do so the other day & this is what I came up with: using paper towel rolls & a scrapbook organizer!!! Sounds crazy, I know, but it worked for me!! I just love my sparkly pink organizer, but it just wasn't working for me, as a paper holder! :(

I knew that ribbon does best on something round (so you don't get bumpy ribbon), so the paper towel roll came to mind!! Coincidentally, I had just bought a 6-pack of paper towels, so I kinda sneakily removed all the rolls from inside the paper towels!! (Super easy - just grab on to the roll of towels with one hand & pull (& twist) the roll out!!) .... and yes, you can still stick the roll on your towel holder - if you have the kind that stands on the counter! :)

After my P.T. rolls (no, didn't use T.P. - only P.T!! :) were all ready, I separated my ribbon by color. Then I got to work wrapping it around the rolls & taping/pinning it in place! It was quite time consuming, but a little therapeutic!! I was able to fit 7 rolls in the organizer, but I may end up squishing in another one, being that I have soooo much ribbon!! (For pieces smaller than a foot, I'm just going to keep them in in a baggie.) This was clearly a no-brainer, but just wanted to share my "Use What You've Got" idea!!

Isn't it so neat & organized???!! Just loving it!! :)

** Just sitting in my closet, with my little helper at my side & my other helper wanting to take a picture of me while I wrapped my ribbon!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment