Monday, September 13, 2010

Bathroom Clock

I'm getting there!! Almost done with the bathroom - woo hoo!! :) I finished the clock that has taken me forever!! It was super simple - -once I figured out what I wanted to do with it!! I tried a few different paints, a few different lettering styles, and a few different ways to hang the clock!! I finally settled on Rust-Oleum's "Hammered" spray paint, white Contact paper letters, and hanging the clock with a tack!! :) Let me explain. . .

I found this frame

& being that it was only $1.41 - at none other than Fry's- I just HAD to buy it!! (I knew I'd find something to do with it!! :) Then, I found this clock:

a whopping $1.98 @ Target!!! (Not my color, but for the price, I knew I could make it my color!!) Sooooo. . . I decided to combine the two!! At our house, we have a little issue with taking long showers!! (Well, kind of one child in particular - - but I won't say HER name!! ;) Anywho - we're always putting a little clock on the counter so she can check the time & get out within 10 minutes!! I figured a big clock on the wall would be much better!!

For the clock: First, I carefully took the clear cover off the clock, (not as easy as I'd hoped!), removed the hands & then placed a piece of paper I cut, on top of the clock numbers. Then I sprayed it with Wal-Mart's red spray paint! :)


For the frame: after realizing that the frame was actually plastic, (boo!), I tried some paints I had, but they just wiped right off!! :( Then, I used some Rust-Oleum primer (don't know if I needed it, but used it anyway!), then followed with some Rust-Oleum "Hammered" spray paint! (Used this brand because my mom gave them to me to try & FREE is always nice!!) :) After the paint was dry, & got out the fabulous Cricut machine & cut some letters out of white Contact paper & stuck 'em on!! After trying for a while to screw the clock on, I tried to put one screw at the top & slide the clock over the screw!!

Well, I had to start the hole with a tack & then couldn't get the tack out!! .... hence the lovely tack-clock-hanger idea!!! :) What ever works - right!!??

No comments:

Post a Comment