Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Time To Get Crafty!!

Apparently I took the summer off!!  :)  Managed to do a few crafty things here & there, but just didn't have time to post them!!  (Keeping up 4 blogs can be time consuming!!  ;)  Well, I'm back & no time like the present to get crafty!!  I've worked on a few projects lately, so I'm gonna show off what I've done!!  :)

 Curtains for Madelyn:


I made these a while ago, but just realized that I haven't posted them!!  :)  These pink curtains have served us well!! We have re-fashioned them about 3-4 times now!!  (You can see them in their previous styles over HERE!)  However, this will probably be the last re-do!! ;) I made 3 simple panels, with about a 2" curtain rod slot at the top.  I made a simple ruffled skirt (gathered the top & sewed it to the bottom of the panel) for each panel.  For the pink panels, I sewed a simple strip of zebra fabric across the center.  I made 2 fabric flowers for each panel, alternating prints. 

For the flowers:  I'm so mad that I didn't take pictures while I was making them!!  :(  However - they were super easy!!  I took a strip of fabric (width & length depends on how big you want them), gathered the top, then just spiraled the fabric to form the "flower"!!  Once I got it how I wanted it, I hot glued it in place.  On top of the flower, I made & attached a smaller flower (shown HERE) & then topped it off with a little bling!! ;)

Iron-Ons:
I just love Iron-Ons!!  They are a super easy, and relatively cheap way to re-do a shirt!!  :)  Here are a few that I've done:
 

Cute little onsies & cute big girl shirts!!  :)  These iron-ons came with some jewels that you could add on & they looked great when I was finished!!  However. . . after a wash or two - most of the jewels that were attached to the iron-on, came off!!  :(  The ones that were directly ironed on to the shirt managed to stay.  Wish I had known in advance!!!  :(

Bleach Pen:
Bleach pens are one of the greatest inventions!!  Not only can you get rid of stains easily, but you can create great shirts!!  ;)

I started with this plain shirt.  Kind of a coral color, but didn't match any of Madelyn's shorts (other than denim) & had never been worn. So, I had an idea & went with it!! ;)  Took my bleach pen & a ruler and made stripes down the front of the shirt. I let the bleach sit for about 20 minutes & then washed & dried the shirt.

 






 



While it was washing, I found a white tank top & cut three strips (even though there are only 2 showing!)  ;)  I turned those strips into flowers (like THESE).  I took a needle & thread & sewed each flower together, so that all the layers would stay intact!



 To add a little extra to the flowers, I took some tiny beads & sewed them on by hand!  It was super simple!!  I just added 5 beads to the needle, made a tiny stitch in the flower, then added 5 more beads & kept up that pattern, going in a spiral!










When the shirt was dry, I sewed the flowers on & ta-da!!!  A new shirt!!  :)


Madelyn loved it & said she got lots of compliments at school!!!  :)

1 comment: