Thursday, May 24, 2012

Teacher Necklace

I wanted to make a cute (and cost-effective ;) gift for my kids' teachers.  There are tons of ideas out there, but when you have to give three gifts, it can get pricey!!  (And #4's not even in school yet!!!  Actually - I'M her teacher. . . guess I better go buy myself something!!! ) hahaha!! ;)

Anywho - this is the little necklace I came up with!!!  Simple & cute - just the way I like it!! ;)  I spent $10 (after using a 40% off coupon) - but pretty good for 3 necklaces!!










Supplies:
* I found this really cool "cork" paper that is adhesive-backed - it was $1.99 & I only used a small corner of it!!
* Necklace "cords" (technical, I know! ;) - that came with 3 sets!!!  They were under $4, and I used my 40% coupon!
* Jolee's glittery apples (on sale for $2.50!)
* Raw wooden jewelery tags (which were on sale for $0.99!!)
* sandpaper
* craft paint
* Mod Podge (I used regular & glitter)

 I sanded the wooden pieces, painted them, then distressed the edges.
 I cut the cork paper to fit & stuck it on.  I used my eyelet setter to punch the hole out in the cork paper!  (It was the only thing small enough & sharp!! ;)  I printed the teacher's names & cut them out.  I attached them with clear Mod Podge, then once that dried, I applied glitter Mod Podge over the entire thing, front & back!
 I removed the little sticky dot from the back of the apple, then hot glued it on!
I attached the cord & ta-dah. . . a necklace!!!  ;)  (The necklace cording came with clasps but they're not in the picture.  You could just tie the cords in a knot - I thought it didn't look "finished" that way, but depends on you!!  ;)  I wrapped these up in tissue & put them in a cute bag with some candy!!  I think the grand total was about $13 for 3 teacher gifts!!!  ;)

2 comments: