Friday, May 11, 2012

Hooray For Teachers!!

Being that this week was teacher appreciation week, I managed to get around to a few little projects!!  :)  I was lazy & didn't start my "appreciation" until Wednesday, so the teachers each got 3 gifts.  ;)  For Wednesday, I made each of our teachers (3), a notebook (totally simple - just covered a spiral notebook with scrapbook paper & added their initial!!), but was really bummed when I realized I forgot to take a picture!!  :(  I also gave them a flower pen (wrapped in floral tape with a silk flower on top)!!  For Thursday, I personalized cups, filled them with my new favorite popcorn & wrote a little note on a new notepad!  (The notepads were leftovers from some free stuff I was given, but they had the word "Nice" at the top & a red border at the bottom. . . so they worked!!  ;)

 Wrote their names with a Sharpie - totally simple!  I think the cups were 4/$2 @ Wal-Mart!
 Very addicting popcorn!!!  :)  All packaged up in a simple lunch sack!!


For today, I gave 2 of the teachers a bag of Flipz, with a note that said, "I've been doing Flipz all year with you as my teacher!"  - Kinda corny, I know - but again, it worked!! ;)  For the 3rd teacher, I knew she liked Twix, so I got her a pack of them & attached a note that said, "To a GOLDEN teacher!"  ;)  The last treat went to my daughter's orchestra teacher - a Symphony bar with a note: "Thanks for helping my begin my journey to the symphony!"  (Get it - "Symphony. . .  orchestra. . . again, corny I know!! ;)









I wasn't a teacher for long, but long enough to know that they truly appreciate the thought & it doesn't have to be elaborate!!  Everyone likes to be appreciated!!!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment