Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A "Favorite" Party

Have a kid that has so many "favorite" things that you just can't decide on a party theme??  Well, we did!!  ;)  After going back & forth from one theme to the other. . . I decided to keep it "simple" and pick them all!!!  :)  It was a super-simple, small party, but the kids had a great time!!  I can add a few projects to my "tried it" board on Pinterest, because I actually made a few things that I've pinned!!  ;)

For starters, I made a super easy banner.  I found the idea HERE, but I didn't want to involve my sewing machine, so I simplified it!!  :)
  
Materials:  I used a comic book that had some torn pages (in other words, not a "valuable" one ;), I made some color copies from a few books, and I also included pictures that I had printed from home.   I also used green gardening jute/twine (Wal-Mart), tape & ribbon.
 I cut my pictures to the size I wanted them, then simply taped them over the twine.  I tied a knot in the twine, before & after each picture, so they wouldn't slide around.  Lastly, I tied a few strips of ribbon onto the twine!

 Super simple & quick!!  ;)  (Bummed I forgot to take a picture of them hanging - - they looked cute with balloons tied to each end!!  ;)


This is what the invitations said:
 
Seven


Come celebrate
Hunter’s 7th birthday!

We’ll be doing lots of
Hunter’s favorite things
& he wants his favorite
 people to join him!


The party was only 2 hours long, but we managed to squeeze in a few fun things!!  :)

Hunter's favorite superhero is Spiderman, so we rented this bouncer!  We could have EASILY gotten away only having this as our entertainment, but of course, that would be too easy!!  ;)
Hunter wanted to paint, so I made a little "canvas" (out of foam core - cut 2 large pieces into 12!) for each kid, then used my Cricut to cut out their names from Contact Paper.  I stuck the names on, we painted over the letters & took the letters off once the paint dried!!  (This is my other son's picture, but again, thanks for the idea, Pinterest!! ;)



I made mini bow & arrows for each kid (one bow w/ 5 arrows each)!  They were kinda time consuming - - you have to soak the sticks in water (the longer the better. . . like overnight!), then cut little notches on each side - top & bottom - then while bending the sticks (carefully), tie (I used embroidery floss) the string on both ends!!  They were worth it, because they were actually quite awesome!!  They shot pretty far!!  We had a contest to see who could hit the target & the kids were so serious!!  ;)  Again. . . Pinterest!!!  ;)
 Our menu was full of Hunter's favorite foods: Hamburgers (and hot dogs), his favorite chips, his favorite veggies & dip, pasta salad, and his favorite drink - 7Up (mini Halloween cans). . . perfect for a 7th birthday!! ;)  I also had water bottles that I removed the labels from & wrapped a strip of cool duct tape around!!  (Pinterest!!;) 


Simple goodie bags - red lunch sacks!!
 I filled the bag with superhero candy (Dollar Tree), "Wallace & Gromit's modeling clay", sidewalk chalk, a few little trinkets & a coloring book that I made!!  :)
 Hunter LOVES clay & LOVES Wallace & Gromit, so we had to put the 2 together!!  ;)



A simple party that was lots of fun!!!!  :)  (I guess I should call it our "Pinterest Party"!!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment